Ascent NBI & TMS Center
Psychiatry for Children, Adolescents, Adults & Geriatrics
TMS - Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
Depression is a serious medical illness affecting more than 14 million American adults every year. It results in a persistent state of sadness that may interfere with an individual’sthoughts, behavior, mood, and physical health. Symptoms can include:
- Lack of interest in or pleasure from activities typically enjoyed-
- Difficulty thinking or concentrating-
- Feelings of worthlessness, hopelessness, helplessness, or guilt-
- Changes in sleep habits and energy levels-
- Significant weight gain or weight loss
Hope is here.
NeuroStar TMS Therapy is the first and only non-systemic and non-invasive TMS device cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of patients with major depression who have not benefited from prior antidepressant treatment.
NeuroStar TMS Therapy uses highly a focused, pulsed magnetic field to stimulate function in targeted brain regions.
NeuroStar TMS Therapy is:
- Non-invasive, meaning that it does not involve surgery. It does not require any anesthesia or sedation, as the patient remains awake and alert during the treatment.
- Non-systemic, meaning that it is not taken by mouth and does not circulate in the bloodstream throughout the body.